KY SAFE Therapeutic Foster Care
KY SAFE Therapeutic Foster Care wants to help you become a foster parent! Foster parents provide a structured and nurturing environment for vulnerable youth. They extend to each child the support and encouragement necessary for him or her to thrive in their environment.
Our foster parents are specially trained to support a child’s emotional and developmental needs, and are continually supported by our agency staff. Foster parents are an important part of the treatment team and work in conjunction with a child’s therapist, case manager and social worker to ensure each child has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Becoming a foster parent means:
- Opening your heart and home to a child in need and inviting them to be a part of your family
- Showing a child love, consistency and affection
- Learning effective techniques to work with children that have experienced trauma
- Ensuring a child’s physical, emotional and developmental needs are met in an environment that is free of abuse and neglect
- Getting tax-free reimbursement for the daily expenses of each child in your care
- Changing a life one child at a time!