We’re your partner in care
Safe Transitions aids individuals in transitioning safely as care needs change, or from one care center to another. Our Safe Transitions services are available 24/7 for any patient, including individuals who have experienced rehabilitative care, surgery or other treatments, and residents of intermediate care and assisted living facilities.
Elements of Safe Transitions:
- Patient and caregiver training and education
- Patient-centered care plans, shared across settings of care
- Timely, accurate communication and information sharing
- Ensure appropriate transportation
- On-time delivery of needed medical equipment
- Designated liaison between care providers
Medication errors, poor communication and poor coordination between providers can lead to adverse events. This risk is particularly high in aged persons with multiple chronic conditions and as care needs change. Our program addresses these concerns to avoid rehospitalization.