Rest Assured® Telecare
The Rest Assured Telecare system provides care options that maximize privacy and independence while enhancing home security and safety. Our state-of-the-art, web-based system connects you with caring, professional Telecaregivers and your loved ones using the latest wireless technology over the Internet. It’s secure. It gives you freedom. It lets you stay in your own home.
Rest Assured offers in-home support services provided by specially trained caregivers, who you get to know personally. Rest Assured Telecaregivers communicate face-to-face and are able to provide guidance such as medication reminders, document activity and contact others for assistance when necessary. Family members can also use the system to check in and chat face-to-face with their loved ones from anywhere in the world.
Based on one’s specific needs, a remote service arrangement can be used either as an alternative to in-home care or to provide supplemental support (for example, during evening hours). Remote services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, every day of the year.
To learn more about Rest Assured, click on the links below:
Click here to see a video spotlighting Rest Assured® services for seniors
Click here to see a video spotlighting Rest Assured® services for individuals with intellectual or developmental disabilities
- Rest Assured OneTouch® – Rest Assured OneTouch® makes it safe to live at home by summoning help when needed. With the push of a button, OneTouch instantly calls a highly trained Telecaregiver who immediately responds to the emergency. The response is customized to each client’s needs and preferences. OneTouch is a 24/7 link to emergency help when clients need it most – in the event of fire, medical emergencies, falls, intruders and more. Our trained Telecaregivers evaluate each emergency and dispatch appropriate emergency personnel when they are needed. OneTouch includes a pendant style alert button or a fall sensor worn on a belt with an alert button and a two-way speaker phone that automatically connects the client with a Telecaregiver at the push of a button.
- Family Support –
Rest Assured’s Family Support service connects families to loved ones through a secure Internet connection. Once the Rest Assured system is installed, any approved family member with a PC and an Internet connection can log into MyRestAssuredSystem.com to virtually visit, chat, see any sensor-activated alerts, view the Telecaregiver’s client chart notes and update the account and preferences.
- Drop-In Support – Rest Assured Drop-In Support is ideal for people who do not require continuous support or assistance. Our Telecaregivers check in at scheduled intervals or at specified times throughout the day based on your unique needs and preferences, including wake-up calls, helping clients prepare meals, providing medication reminders or assisting in other activities of daily living.
- Active Support – Rest Assured Active Support offers real-time interactive support services 24 hours a day, seven days a week, year round. Our active support services consist of continuous oversight or active treatment and are specially designed to support adults who have cognitive, intellectual and developmental disabilities and seniors who want an alternative to 24-hour, live-in support. Services include maintenance of consumer-specific protocols, notification of an agency’s, provider’s or family’s on-call staff in the event of an unusual occurrence or emergency, response staff communication, documentation, event tracking, home security and software upgrades. Services are available in increments of four hour sessions.
What We Check For
Comfort and safety while allowing you to live independently are exactly the freedoms Rest Assured offers. Going beyond simple security systems, Rest Assured checks for your physical and emotional well-being while also monitoring the safety of your home. Our home sensors and support services provide:
- Smoke Detection –
When the smoke alarm goes off, not only does the person in the home hear it, but an alert is sent to the Rest Assured Telecaregiver. The Telecaregiver immediately calls emergency personnel and also notifies any personal contacts as directed.
- Temperature Monitoring –
If the temperature goes above or below a safe degree, an alert will be sent to the Rest Assured Telecaregiver. This helps in situations where a furnace has gone out, an oven has been left on or the thermostat has been turned up too high or down too low.
- Carbon Monoxide Monitoring –
When carbon monoxide is detected in the home, an alert is sent to the Rest Assured Telecaregiver. The Telecaregiver can then direct you out of the home, call emergency personnel and notify any personal contacts as directed.
- Perimeter Security –
The Rest Assured system comes equipped with a variety of features that monitor the perimeter of a home to assure your safety. Door and window break sensors can be installed which will alert the Telecaregiver if anyone opens a door or window. It is also possible to install cameras outside the individual’s home to monitor activities outside the home.
- Motion Detection –
Motion sensors are strategically placed around the home to alert the Rest Assured Telecaregiver of movement in the home. These sensors are used in lieu of cameras in more private areas such as bedrooms and bathrooms.
Rest Assured is a web-based system that uses the latest wireless technology to connect you with Telecaregivers working at a state-of-the-art support and response center. Various devices in the home provide our Telecaregivers with real-time information about what is happening on site:
- Telecams –
Cameras called telecams provide real-time interactive support. Telecams are placed only in the common areas of the home and are able to pan around the room or zoom in close enough to read the labels on pill bottles.
- Intelligent Home Sensors –
Sensors are strategically placed throughout the home to alert Telecaregivers to the individual's movements, activities, potential dangers or a change in status. Sensor readings are monitored by Rest Assured Telecaregivers and can also send alerts on unusual activity or lack of activity via e-mail or text message to family members. All sensors are wireless and installed to meet each person's individual needs.
- Two-Way Audio –
Using the two-way audio capability, Telecaregivers can instantly prompt, cue, remind or coach you through activities of daily living.
- LINC –
A two-way video touch screen called a LINC provides you with face-to-face communication with a Rest Assured Telecaregiver or family member who is logged into MyRestAssured.com. The touch screen also displays text reminders (for example, reminding you when it is time to take medication). When you acknowledge the reminder, the information is stored and can be accessed by either your Telecaregiver or approved family members. The screen also has fun, therapeutic games and when it's not being used, serves as a digital photo frame, displaying photos you select.